1. Insulate as well as Weatherproof! One of the most efficient COOLING AND HEATING system in the world can not offset an inadequately insulated house. Drafty windows and door seals and under-insulated attics as well as outside wall surfaces could create your HVAC to work double-time attempting to maintain.
2. Not all home heating, air flow and also cooling (COOLING AND HEATING) equipment is equal. As much as half of the energy utilized in your home goes to cooling and heating. So making clever choices regarding your house's COOLING AND HEATING system could have a huge impact on your utility expenses-- as well as your comfort.
3. Heating and cooling costs account for nearly half the home's complete power expense. If your air conditioning system is more than 10 years old, changing it with an ENERGY STAR ® certified, high-efficiency version might cut your cooling costs by 30 percent.
4. ENERGY STAR certified central air conditioners have a higher seasonal power performance ratio (SEER) than standard versions, makings them regarding 14% more reliable compared to conventional models. The greater the SEER, the higher the efficiency. Given that sizing as well as proper installment of an air conditioning system are vital to energy effectiveness and residence comfort, it is important to work with a qualified professional.
5. Heatpump that get approved for the Smart Energy Savers Program have a greater seasonal energy performance ratio (SEER) and also heating seasonal performance aspect (HSPF) compared to conventional versions, that makes them concerning 8% percent much more effective compared to conventional brand-new models as well as 20% extra efficient than just what you may already have in your house.
6. Gas furnaces receiving discounts have annual fuel use performance (AFUE) ratings of 92%, or higher, making them as much as 15% a lot more reliable compared to common designs. One in four heating systems in UNITED STATE residences today is greater than 20 years old. Qualifying natural gas heating systems utilize sophisticated modern technology to supply greater performance compared to standard new furnaces available today.
7. High-efficiency cooling and heating devices received the BGE refund satisfy or surpass the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR ® requirements for product efficiency.
8. When is it time to change your main heating and air conditioning system?
When your equipment needs constant fixings as well as your energy bills are raising.
When your heatpump or air conditioner is greater than Ten Years old. Think about replacing it here with a more recent, much more power effective equipment that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program rebate performance degrees
When your heater is greater than 15 years old. Take into consideration replacing it with a more recent, a lot more energy-efficient furnace that fulfills the Smart Energy Savers Program refund performance levels.
9. Although these items can be a lot more expensive to buy up front, the expense difference will be repaid in time via lower power bills. Make sure to ask your contractor regarding Smart Energy Savers Program Home Heating & Air conditioning Rebates which can dramatically help in reducing the difference in cost in between basic and also high-efficiency products.
10. Appropriate upkeep could go a long way in avoiding future heating and air conditioning system problems. Ask your specialist about yearly pre-season exams. Contractors typically obtain really busy during summertime and also cold weather, so it's a good idea to check the cooling system in the spring as well as the furnace in the loss.